Dr Sravan Muguda, PhD
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sravan Muguda is a Post Doctoral Research Associate working for project, "Use of biopolymers to stabilise engineered infrastructure slopes". The post is funded through the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Prosperous Nation Program and is led by Durham University in collaboration with the Environment Agency, Royal Haskoning, and Highways England.
Sravan Muguda has recently obtained his dual-PhD degree from Durham University, United Kingdom and University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, France. The project was funded through the European Union's H2020 program via Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network ‘TERRE’. The details of the network can be found on the website,www.terre-etn.com.
Department of Engineering
- Bio-stabilisation of soils
- Behavior of fine-grained soils
- Earthen construction materials
Chapter in book
- Nagaraj, H.B & Muguda,S (2020). Recent Innovations in Stabilized Earthen Construction. In Sustainable Materials in Building Construction. Springer, Cham. 149-164.
- Muguda,S, Lucas,G, Hughes,P.N, Augarde,C.E, Cuccurullo,A, Perlot,C, Bruno,A.W & Gallipoli,D (2018). Advances in using biological stabilisers and hypercompaction for sustainable earthen construction materials. In Earthen Dwellings and Structures. Springer Transactions in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Nagaraj H.B, & Muguda, S (2019), A review of factors affecting undrained strength of fine-grained soils at consistency limits, The XVII European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. Reykjavik Iceland.
- Muguda, S,, Hughes, P.N, , Augarde, C.E, , Perlot, C, Bruno, A.W, & Gallipoli, D, (2019), Geotechnical characterisation of recycled biopolymer-stabilised earthen materials, The XVII European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. Reykjavik Iceland.
- Muguda,S, Booth,S, Hughes, P.N, Augarde,C.E, Perlot,C, Bruno,A.W & Gallipoli,D (2018), Preliminary study on use of biopolymers in earthen construction, 7th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils. Hong Kong, China.
- (2019). Biopolymer Stabilised Earthen Construction Materials. PhD.
- Nagaraj, HB, Sravan, MV & Deepa, BS. (2019). Discussion on "Factors influencing undrained strength of fine-grained soils at high water contents". Geomechanics and Geoengineering 1.
- Muguda, Sravan & Nagaraj, H. B. (2019). Effect of enzymes on plasticity and strength characteristics of an earthen construction material. International Journal of Geo-Engineering 10(1).
- Nagaraj, H. B., Sravan, M.V. & Deepa, B. S. (2018). Factors influencing undrained strength of fine-grained soils at high water contents. Geomechanics and Geoengineering 13(4): 276-287.
- Sravan, Muguda Viswanath & Nagaraj, Honne Basanna (2017). Potential Use of Enzymes in the Preparation of Compressed Stabilized Earth Blocks. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 29(9): 04017103.
- Nagaraj, H.B., Rajesh, A. & Sravan, M.V. (2016). Influence of soil gradation, proportion and combination of admixtures on the properties and durability of CSEBs. Construction and Building Materials 110: 135-144.
- Nagaraj, H.B., Reesha, B., Sravan, M.V. & Suresh, M.R. (2015). Correlation of compaction characteristics of natural soils with modified plastic limit. Transportation Geotechnics 2: 65-77.
- Nagaraj, H.B., Sravan, M.V., Arun, T.G. & Jagadish, K.S. (2014). Role of lime with cement in long-term strength of Compressed Stabilized Earth Blocks. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment 3(1): 54-61.