(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chong started his Ph.D. study in October 2016. Before that, he had finished an MA Social Research Methods (Sociology) with distinction at Durham.
Field of study:
His Ph.D. evauates the role of digital learning in mitigating unequal class mobilities between rural and urban background workers in China's urban labour market.
- Social stratification and mobility
- Digital studies (digital inequalities in particular)
- Education, lifelong learning and labour market studies
- Marx, Erik Olin Wright, Bourdieu
- Zhang, C. (2020). Unequal Occupational Mobilities Between Rural Migrant And Urban Resident Workers In Urban China. Frontiers in sociology 5: 55.
- Zhang,C (2020). Who bypasses the Great Firewall in China?. First Monday 25(4).