Dr Richard R. Jones
To develop Geospatial Research Ltd. (GRL) - a spin-out company within the University environment, with a mandate to commercialise innovative methods of acquisition, visualisation and analysis of geospatial data acquired by digital geological mapping and survey.
To use GRL as a vehicle for bilateral Knowledge Transfer between academia and industry.
To promote inter-disciplinary research - an implicit priority of the new e-Science Research Institute.
Chapter in book
- Jones, R.R, McCaffrey, K.J.W, Wilson, R.W & Holdsworth, R.E (2005). Digital field data acquisition: towards increased quantification of uncertainty during geological mapping. In Geological Prior Information: Informing Science and Engineering. Curtis, A. & Wood, R. London: Geological Society. Geological Society Special Publication 239: 43-56.
- Jones, R.R., McCaffrey, K.J.W., Clegg, P., Wilson, R.W., Holliman, N.S., Holdsworth, R.E., Imber, J. & Waggott, S. (2009). Integration of regional to outcrop digital data: 3D visualisation of multi-scale geological models. Computers & Geosciences 35(1): 4-18
- Pearce, M.A., Jones R.R., Smith, S.A.F., McCaffrey, K.J.W. & Clegg, P. (2006). Numerical analysis of fold curvature using data acquired by high-precision GPS. Journal of Structural Geology 28(9): 1640-1646.
- Imber, J, Holdsworth R.E, McCaffrey, K.J.W, Wilson, R.W, Jones, R.R, England, R.W & Gjeldvik, G (2005). Early Tertiary sinistral transpression and fault reactivation in the western Vøring Basin, Norwegian Sea: implications for hydrocarbon exploration and pre-break up deformation in ocean margin basins. AAPG Bulletin 89(8): 1043-1069.
- Imber, J, Holdsworth, R.E, McCaffrey, K.J.W, Wilson, R.W, Jones, R.R, England, R.W & Freeman, S (2005). Recognition of strike-slip faulting from three-dimensional seismic reflection data: a study of late Cretaceous to early Teriary faulting on the Nyk High, Vøring Basin, offshore mid-Norway. AAPG Bulletin 89: 1043-1069.
- Jones, R.R, Holdsworth, R.E, McCaffrey, K.J.W, Clegg, P & Tavarnelli, E. (2005). Scale dependence, strain compatibility and heterogeneity of three-dimensional deformation during mountain building: a discussion. Journal of Structural Geology 27(7): 1190-1204.
- Jones, R.R, Holdsworth, R.E, Clegg, P, McCaffrey, K.J.W & Tavarnelli, E (2004). Inclined transpression. Journal of Structural Geology 26(8): 1531-1548.