Dr Aissa Ikhlef
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aissa Ikhlef is an Assistant Professor with the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences at Durham University, UK, since September 2016. He received the BSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Constantine, Algeria, in 2001, and the MSc and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Rennes 1, France, in 2004 and 2008, respectively. From 2008 to 2010 he was a Postdoctoral Fellow with the Communication and Remote Sensing Laboratory at the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium. He was a visiting Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of British Columbia, Canada, from August to November 2009. From 2010 to 2013 he was with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineeirng, University of British Columbia, Canada, as a Postdoctoral Fellow. From 2013 to 2014 he was with Toshiba Research Europe Limited, UK, as a Senior Research Engineer. From 2014 to 2016 he was a Lecturer with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Newcastle University, UK. His current research interests include the application of machine learning in wireless communications, massive MIMO, cloud radio access netwroks (CRANs), energy harvesting, and physical layer security.
- Machine Learning in Wireless Communications
- Massive MIMO
- Cloud Radio Access Networks
- Wireless Information and Power Transfer
- Physical Layer Security
- Beyond 5G Technologies
I am always looking for students who are self-motivated and have a strong mathematical background. If you are interested in joining my research team, please contact me via email with your CV attached.
- ENGI3451/30120 Electronics and Communications, 2017/2018 - 2019/2020, Durham University.
- ENGI4121/40720 Communications Networks, 2016/2017 - 2019/2020, Durham University.
- EEE8002 Advanced Mobile and Cellular Communications, 2014/2015, 2015/2016, Newcastle University.
- EEE8101 Mobile and Cellular Communications, 2014/2015, 2015/2016, Newcastle University.
- EEE3005 Analogue Systems, 2014/2015, 2015/2016, Newcastle University.
- ENSC 805 Advanced Digital Communications, 2012, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Editor for IEEE Communications Letters 2014-2016.
- Co-chair of the IEEE Workshop on Emerging Energy Harvesting Solutions for 5G Networks (5G-NRG). The workshop is in conjunction with the IEEE ICC'2017 conference which took place in Paris, France, 21-25 May 2017.
- Co-organizer of the IEEE WCNC'2016 Workshop on Wireless Powered Communication Networks: From Theory to Industrial Challenges (WPCNets'2016). The workshop was in conjunction with the IEEE WCNC'2016 conference which took place in Doha, Qatar, 3-6 April 2016.
- Technical Program Committee (TPC): IEEEWCNC (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), IEEE VTC (2014-Fall, 2015-Spring/Fall, 2016-Spring/Fall, 2017-Spring), CROWNCOM 2015, IEEEWCNC 2015Workshop On Self-Organizing Heterogeneous Networks, IWCMC Coop-Cognitive Workshop (2014, 2015), IEEE SECON 2014Workshop on Energy Harvesting Communications, GROWN (2013, 2014), and PEMOS 2012.
- Session Chair: IEEE GLOBECOM 2010.
- Professional Memberships: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) member and IEEE Communications Society member.
- Reviewer for the following journals: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Digital Signal Processing, Frequenz, AEU – International Journal of Electronics and Communications, and EURASIP JWCN.
- Reviewer for the following conferences: IEEE ICC (2011, 2012, 2013), IEEE GLOBECOM (2008, 2011), IEEE WCNC (2013, 2014), IEEE VTC (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015), IEEE PIMRC 2014, IEEE GlobalSIP 2014, CROWNCOM 2015, IEEE ICUWB 2011, ISWCS 2012, GROWN 2013, and PEMOS 2012.
Department of Engineering
- Alageli, M., Ikhlef, A. , Alsifiany, F., Abdullah, M. A. M. Chen, G. & Chambers, J. (2020). Optimal Downlink Transmission for Cell-Free SWIPT Massive MIMO Systems with Active Eavesdropping. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security 15: 1983-1998.
- Alsifiany, Fahad, Ikhlef, Aissa, Alageli, Mahmoud & Chambers, Jonathon (2019). Differential Downlink Transmission in Massive MU-MIMO Systems. IEEE Access 7: 86906-86919.
- Alageli, M., Ikhlef, A. & Chambers, J. (2019). SWIPT massive MIMO systems with active eavesdropping. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 37(1): 233-247.
- Alsifiany, Fahad, Ikhlef, Aissa & Chambers, Jonathon (2018). Exploiting High Rate Differential Algebraic STBC in Downlink Multiuser MIMO Systems. IET Communications 12(17): 2188-2197.
- Alageli, M., Ikhlef, A. & Chambers, J. (2018). Optimization for Maximizing Sum Secrecy Rate in MU-MISO SWIPT Systems. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 67(1): 537-553.
- Gaafar, M., Amin, O., Ikhlef, A., Chaaban, A. & Alouini, M.-S. (2016). On Alternate Relaying With Improper Gaussian Signaling. IEEE Communications Letters 20(8): 1683-1686.
- Jamali, V., Zlatanov, N., Ikhlef, A. & Schober, R. (2014). Achievable Rate Region of the Bidirectional Buffer-Aided Relay Channel With Block Fading. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 60(11): 7090-7111.
- Zlatanov, N., Ikhlef, A., Islam, T. & Schober, R. (2014). Buffer-aided cooperative communications: opportunities and challenges. IEEE Communications Magazine 52(4): 146-153.
- Ikhlef, A., Iferroujene, R., Boudjellal, A., Abed-Meraim, K. & Belouchrani, A. (2014). Constant modulus algorithms using hyperbolic Givens rotations. Signal Processing 104: 412-423.
- Ikhlef, A. & Schober, R. (2014). Joint Source-Relay Optimization for Fixed Receivers in Multi-Antenna Multi-Relay Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 13(1): 62-74.
- Ikhlef, A. (2014). Optimal MIMO Multicast Transceiver Design for Simultaneous Information and Power Transfer. IEEE Communications Letters 18(12): 2153-2156.
- Ahmed, I., Ikhlef, A., Schober, R. & Mallik, R. K. (2014). Power Allocation for Conventional and Buffer-Aided Link Adaptive Relaying Systems with Energy Harvesting Nodes. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 13(3): 1182-1195.
- Islam, T., Ikhlef, A., Schober, R. & Bhargava, V. K. (2013). Diversity and Delay Analysis of Buffer-Aided BICM-OFDM Relaying. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 12(11): 5506-5519.
- Ahmed, I., Ikhlef, A., Schober, R. & Mallik, R. K. (2013). Joint Power Allocation and Relay Selection in Energy Harvesting AF Relay Systems. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters 2(2): 239-242.
- Ahmed, I., Ikhlef, A., Ng, D. W. K. & Schober, R. (2013). Power Allocation for an Energy Harvesting Transmitter with Hybrid Energy Sources. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 12(12): 6255.
- Kim, J., Ikhlef, A. & Schober, R. (2012). Combined relay selection and cooperative beamforming for physical layer security. Journal of Communications and Networks 14(4): 364-373.
- Ikhlef, A., Michalopoulos, D. S. & Schober, R. (2012). Max-Max Relay Selection for Relays with Buffers. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 11(3): 1124-1135.
- Ikhlef, A., Kim, J. & Schober, R. (2012). Mimicking Full-Duplex Relaying Using Half-Duplex Relays With Buffers. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 61(7): 3025-3037.
- Ihalainen, T., Ikhlef, A., Louveaux, J. & Renfors, M. (2011). Channel Equalization for Multi-Antenna FBMC/OQAM Receivers. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 60(5): 2070-2085.
- Liang, Y.-W., Ikhlef, A., Gerstacker, W. & Schober, R. (2011). Cooperative Filter-and-Forward Beamforming for Frequency-Selective Channels with Equalization. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 10(1): 228-239.
- Liang, Y.-W., Ikhlef, A., Gerstacker, W. & Schober, R. (2011). Two-Way Filter-and-Forward Beamforming for Frequency-Selective Channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 10(12): 4172-4183.
- Ikhlef, A. , Abed-Meraim, K. & Le Guennec, D. (2010). Blind signal separation and equalization with controlled delay for MIMO convolutive systems. Signal Processing 90: 2655-2666.
- Ikhlef, A. & Le Guennec, D. (2007). A simplified constant modulus algorithm for blind recovery of MIMO QAM and PSK signals: A Criterion with Convergence Analysis. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2007(1): 090401.
- 2018: Design of Susatainable Cloud Radio Access Networks (£138574.00 from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)