Dr Nicholas Chancellor
Department of Physics
- Quantum Annealing
- Hybrid quantum classical computing
- Applied algorithms for quantum computing
Indicators of Esteem
- 2018: Editorial board membership for PLOS one: In 2018 I accepted a three year invitation to sit on the editorial board of PLOS one.
- 2018: Implementation of reverse annealing on D-Wave devices: I wrote the first paper which proposed a version of the 'reverse annealing' protocol which has now been implemented on the quantum computing devices produced by D-Wave Systems Inc. These machines sell for about 10 million pounds and have been purchased by Google, NASA, and Lockheed Martin amongst others.
- 2018: invitation to speak at DLR Quantum Computing Workshop: I was an invited speaker at the DLR Quantum Computing Workshop hosted by the German aerospace agency, DLR. I estimate about 100 people attended.
- 2018: Invited to speak at AQC 2018 at NASA Ames: I was invited to give a talk at AQC 2018, held at the NASA Ames research facility at moffat field. AQC is the top conference in the field of quantum annealing and I would estimate the attendance at around 300 people.
- 2018: program comittee member of QTOP 19:
I was invited to sit on the program committee of QTOP, the "First International Workshop on Quantum Technology and Optimization
Problems" in 2018 and accepted the invitation.
- Chancellor, N., Zohren, S. & Warburton, P. A. (2017). Circuit design for multi-body interactions in superconducting quantum annealing systems with applications to a scalable architecture. npj Quantum Information 3(1): 21.
- Chancellor, Nicholas (2017). Modernizing quantum annealing using local searches. New Journal of Physics 19: 023024.
- Nicholas Chancellor Stefan Zohren Paul A. Warburton Simon C. Benjamin & Stephen Roberts (2016). A Direct Mapping of Max k-SAT and High Order Parity Checks to a Chimera Graph. Scientific Reports 6: 37107.
- Chancellor, N., Szoke, S., Vinci, W., Aeppli, G. & Warburton, P. A. (2016). Maximum-entropy inference with a programmable annealer. Scientific Reports 6: 22318.
- Bougroura, Hamza, Aissaoui, Habib, Chancellor, Nicholas & Kendon, Viv (2016). Quantum walk transport properties on graphene structures. Physical Review A 94(6): 062331.
- Duric, Tanja, Chancellor, Nicholas & Herbut, Igor F. (2014). Interaction-induced anomalous quantum Hall state on the honeycomb lattice. Phys. Rev. B 89: 165123.
- 2018: Hybrid Quantum Energy Landscape Computing (£465704.00 from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)