Dr Roberta Aguzzoli, PhD, MSc, BA
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Roberta Aguzzoli is an associate professor in Management at Durham University Business School. Prior to joining Durham she was lecturer at Industrial Relations and Human Resources Department of the University College Dublin (Ireland) and ISCTE Business School (Portugal). She obtained her PhD in human resource management at UCD. She has published papers in top journals such as JIBS, Human Relations, Tourism Management, and JIM. She is Academic member of CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
Her paper 'An Emerging Challenge': Employment Practices of a Brazilian MNC in a Mature Developed Economy, published in Human Relations was awarded the paper of the month in March 2014 and was considered one of the five most influential papers of the year.
In July 2016, her paper “It is linear or quadratic the relationship between intentions to leave the job and its antecedents in luxury hotels?” won the best paper award on the TOSOK International Tourism Conference in Korea. The paper is co-authored by Dr. Jorge Lengler and Dr. Asad Mohsin.
- International Business
- International and Comparative Employment Policies and Practices
- Human Resource Practices in Multinational Companies, mainly from Developing Economies
- 1: Geary, J. & Aguzzoli, R. (2016). Miners, politics and institutional caryatids: Accounting for the transfer of HRM practices in the Brazilian multinational enterprise. Journal of International Business Studies 47(8): 968-996.
- 2: Aguzzoli, R. & Geary, J. (2014). An ‘emerging challenge’ The employment practices of a Brazilian multinational company in Canada. Human Relations 67(5): 587-609.
- 3: Geary, J., Aguzzoli, R. & Lengler, J. (2017). The Transfer of ‘International Best Practice’ in a Brazilian MNC: A Consideration of the Convergence and Contingency Perspectives. Journal of International Management 23(2): 194-207.
- 4: Mohsin, A., Lengler, J.F.B. & Aguzzoli, R.L. (2015). Staff Turnover in Hotels: exploring the quadratic and linear relationships. Tourism Management 51: 35-48.
- 5: Aguzzoli, R., Jorge, S. & Silveira, V. (2008). Gestão de Pessoas: Categoria Acadêmica. Rio de Janeiro: Qualitymark.