Dr Jesse Proudfoot, PhD (Simon Fraser University)
Assistant Professor (Research) in the Department of Geography
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 41801
Room number: 505
Assistant Professor (Research), Geographies of Life
Department of Geography
- Health geography
- Urban and cultural geography
- Drug addiction and drug policy
- Mental health
Chapter in book
- Proudfoot, J. (2015). Translated Landscapes. In Wil Murray: Die Welt in Farben. Murray, W. Toronto, ON: P|M Gallery. 5-21.
- Proudfoot, J. & Kingsbury, P. (2014). Periscope Down! Charting Masculine Sexuation in Submarine Films. In Psychoanalytic Geographies. Kingsbury, P. & Pile, S. Farnham: Routledge. 241-256.
- Proudfoot, J. (2011). The Derelict, the Deserving Poor, and the Lumpen: A History of the Politics of Representation in the Downtown Eastside. In Stan Douglas: Abbott & Cordova, 7 August 1971. Douglas, S. Arsenal Pulp Press. 88-104.
- Proudfoot, J. (2009). Geography and Psychoanalysis. In Encyclopedia of Geography. Warf, B. Sage. 2299-2301.
- Proudfoot, J. (2019). The Libidinal Economy of Revanchism: Illicit Drugs, Harm Reduction, and the Problem of Enjoyment. Progress in Human Geography 43(2): 214-234.
- Proudfoot, J. (2019). The stakes of situated knowledges. Dialogues in Human Geography 9(2): 158-161.
- Proudfoot, J. (2019). Traumatic landscapes: Two geographies of addiction. Social Science & Medicine 228: 194-201.
- Morrison, H., McBriar, S., Powell, H., , Proudfoot, J., Stanley, S., Fitzgerald, D., & Callard, F. (2019). What is a Psychological Task? The Operational Pliability of “Task” in Psychological Laboratory Experimentation. Engaging Science, Technology, and Society 5: 61-85.
- Proudfoot, J. (2017). Drugs, Addiction, and the Social Bond. Geography Compass 11(7): e12320.
- Proudfoot, J. (2015). Anxiety and Phantasy in the Field: The Position of the Unconscious in Ethnographic Research. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 33(6): 1135-1152.
- Proudfoot, J. (2010). Interviewing Enjoyment, or the Limits of Discourse. The Professional Geographer 62(4): 507-518.
- Proudfoot, J. & McCann, E. J. (2008). At Street Level: Bureaucratic Practice in the Management of Urban Neighborhood Change. Urban Geography 29(4): 348-370.
- Proudfoot, J. (2014). Drug Policy and Mass Incarceration in Chicago. AAG Newsletter 12(49).
- Proudfoot, J. (2012). St. Leonard’s House: Housing as an Anti-recidivism Strategy. AREA Chicago 13: 60.