Dr Chris Willcocks
(email at email@example.com)
I have worked as a PDRA for Newcastle University, Durham University, and have been a visiting researcher at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
My interdisciplinary research focuses on providing elegant solutions to computationally expensive or ill-defined problems within the fields of machine learning, high-performance computing, image processing, bioimage informatics and computer graphics. More information about my publications and software is available on my website www.cwkx.com and Github profile github.com/cwkx
- Intogral Limited - Innovate UK successful grant £211,996
- P&G (ongoing project with Deep Learning)
- DSTL - our team successfully competed against multiple companies for phase 2 funding for £850,000 shared with one other team)
- Intogral Limited (£211,996)
- Discretionary Award for exceptional contribution to research and collaborative projects (£1000)
- Research Day (2nd place prize for best presentation)
- Ustinov travel award
- NVIDIA Hardware Grant (£1000)
- EPSRC funded scholarship
- Unsupervised Learning
- Level Set Methods
- Big Data Analytics
- Image Processing
- GPGPU Computing
- Deep Learning
- Data Visualization
- Segmentation & Skeletonization
- HPC Computing
- Extracting 3D Parametric Curves from 2D Images of Helical Objects,
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. PP, No. 99, p.1–1 2016.
- Interactive GPU Active Contours for Segmenting Inhomogeneous Objects,
In Review: Journal of Real-time Image Processing, 1 2017.
- Quantized Temporal Visualization of Deep Convolutional Neural Networks,
In Review: International Journal of Computer Vision 2017.
- Multi-scale Segmentation and Surface Fitting for Measuring 3D Macular Holes,
Submitted: IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 7 2017.
- On Using Deep Convolutional Neural Network Architectures for Automated Object Detection and Classification within X-ray Baggage Security Imagery,
Submitted: Pattern Recognition, 6 2017.
- Sequential Graph-based Extraction of Prominent Curvilinear Structures,
In Review: IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 8 2017.
- The Relationship between Enhancement and Skeletonization in Biological Networks,
In Prep: Medical Imaging Analysis 2017.
- Subtle Attention with Wasserstein Generative Adversiaral Networks,
In Prep: Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning 2018.
- Pyproc: a Python Library for Generating Synthetic Training Data for Deep Learning Applications,
In Prep: Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning 2017.
- Automatic 3D Segmentation for Measuring Intraretinal Cysts,
In Prep: IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 2018.
- Feature-varying skeletonization: Intuitive control over the target feature size and output skeleton topology,
The Visual Computer, International Journal of Computer Graphics, CGI, Vol. 28, No. 6, p.775–785 2012.
- Application of high-speed level set segmentation to light sheet fluorescence microscopy,
Light Sheet Fluorescence Microscopy International Conference, 8 2016.
- Real-time segmentation of brain vasculature and identification of anomalies in magnetic resonance angiography,
European Congress of Neurosurgery, 9 2016.
- Sparse Volumetric Deformation, Animating and rendering huge amounts of volumetric data using GPGPU computing,
PhD thesis, Durham University, http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/8471/ 10 2013.