Dr Manuel Llorca
Prior to joining Durham University in May 2015, Manuel was an Associate Lecturer in Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at the University of Oviedo in Spain. He holds a PhD (University of Oviedo) and a Master’s Degree in Economics (Universities of the Basque Country, Cantabria and Oviedo).
His research interests include Energy and Transport Economics and in particular the analysis of efficiency and productivity in those sectors in which the generation, transport and consumption of energy are involved. He is a Research Associate at the Oviedo Efficiency Group (University of Oviedo) and has been Academic Visitor at the Energy Policy Research Group (University of Cambridge).
Manuel joined Durham Business School in May 2015. He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Oviedo in Spain. His research interest is mainly focused on energy and transport economics.
- Efficiency and Productivity Analysis
- Energy Demand
- Energy in Developing Countries
- Energy Networks
- Regulatory Economics
- Transport Economics
- 1: Orea, L., Llorca, M. & Filippini, M. (2015). A new approach to measuring the rebound effect associated to energy efficiency improvements: An application to the US residential energy demand. Energy Economics 49: 599-609.
- 2: Jamasb, T. & Llorca,M. (2019). Energy Systems Integration: Economic Considerations for a New Paradigm. Economics of Energy and Environmental Policy 8(2): 7-28.
- 3: Llorca, M., Orea, L. & Pollitt, M.G. (2014). Using the latent class approach to cluster firms in benchmarking: An application to the US electricity transmission industry. Operations Research Perspectives 1(1): 6-17.
- 4: Llorca, M. & Jamasb, T. (2017). Energy efficiency and rebound effect in European road freight transport. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 101: 98-110.
- 5: Llorca, M., Orea, L. & Pollitt, M. G. (2016). Efficiency and environmental factors in the US electricity transmission industry. Energy Economics 55: 234-246.
- 6: Llorca, M., Baños, J., Somoza, J. & Arbués, P. (2017). A stochastic frontier analysis approach for estimating energy demand and efficiency in the transport sector of Latin America and the Caribbean. The Energy Journal 38(5).
- 7: Imam, M I., Jamasb,T. & Llorca,M. (2019). Sector Reforms and Institutional Corruption: Evidence from Electricity Industry in Sub-Saharan Africa. Energy policy 129: 532-545.
- Aza, R., Baños, J., González, P. & Llorca, M. (2011). La demanda de transporte de mercancías por carretera en España: Un modelo de datos de panel. Estudios de construcción y transportes 115: 31-48.