Dr Amjed Rasheed, PhD, MRes, MA, BA
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Amjed Rasheed is a research fellow at the School, where he finished his PhD in 2017. He is part of a research project titled "Transnational Language, Transient Identities, and the Crisis of the State in the Arab Region" which is a research subproject of Open World Research Initiative (OWRI), funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC). For further detail see the more elaborate project narrative.
- Intertional Relations (IR) of the Middle East
- Muslim Politics
Indicators of Esteem
- : AHRC Fellowship 2017-2019
Chapter in book
- Rasheed, Amjed & Beaujouan, Juline (Forthcoming). Syrian Refugees, Syrian Crisis. In Understanding the Syrian Refugee Crisis: Voices from Jordan and Lebanon. Rasheed, Amjed & Beaujouan, Juline Palgrave Macmillan.
- Rasheed, Amjed (Published). The Kurdish Cause in Iraq: From the Second Republic to the Fall of Kirkuk (2003–2018)". In Iraq After ISIS. Jacob Eriksoon and Ahmed Khalil Palgrave MacMillan. 57-78.
- Rasheed, Amjed (Accepted), The Alawites of Syria: A political history, Minorities in the Middle East. Oxford University
- Beaujouan, Juline & Rasheed, Amjed (Forthcoming). Understanding the Syrian Refugee Crisis: Voices from Jordan and Lebanon. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Rasheed, Amjed (2018). Syria vs Iraq: Clash of Authoritarians. Middle East Policy XXV(4): 118-131.
- Rasheed, Amjed (2017). The Kurds desperately want freedom – why won’t the free world support them?. The Guardian
Other (Digital/Visual Media)
- Rasheed, Amjed & Beaujouan, Juline (Published). IS’ Discursive Power in the Middle East.