Dr Sergii Veremieiev, MPhys, PhD, FHEA
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sergii Veremieiev obtained his Bachelor and Master degrees, both in Physics, from Donetsk National University in 2006 and 2007, respectively. Then he moved to the UK to undertake a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in the University of Leeds under the EST Marie Curie Research Programme. Upon completion of his PhD in 2011, he took up a research fellow position in Leeds to work in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics. Late in 2013 he joined Liverpool John Moores University to work as a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering. In January 2015 he started a Lectureship at the Department of Engineering of Durham University.
PhD applications can be made directly online designated for the attention of Dr S. Veremieiev. An enquiry or an expression of interest in existing or proposed research project can be sent over email.
Past PhD Students
Department of Engineering
- Veremieiev, S. (2011). Gravity-driven continuous thin film flow over topography. PhD: 1-212.
- Hook, K.S.L. & Veremieiev, S. (2021). Modelling of droplet impacts on dry and wet surfaces using depth-averaged form. Journal of Engineering Mathematics 126(1): 14.
- Veremieiev, S. & Wacks, D.H. (2019). Modelling gravity-driven film flow on inclined corrugated substrate using a high fidelity weighted residual integral boundary-layer method. Physics of Fluids 31(2): 022101.
- Abdalla, A.A., Veremieiev, S. & Gaskell, P.H. (2018). Steady bilayer channel and free-surface isothermal film flow over topography. Chemical Engineering Science 181: 215-236.
- Shah, R. A., Gaskell, P.H. & Veremieiev, S. (2017). Free Surface Thin Film Flow of a Sisko’s Fluid over a Surface Topography. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics 10(1): 307-317.
- Veremieiev, S., Thompson, H.M. & Gaskell, P.H. (2015). Free-surface film flow over topography: full three-dimensional finite element solutions. Computers & Fluids 122: 66-82.
- Veremieiev, S., Brown, A., Gaskell, P.H., Glass, C.R., Kapur, N. & Thompson, H.M. (2014). Modelling the flow of droplets of bio-pesticide on foliage. Interfacial Phenomena and Heat Transfer 2(1): 1-14.
- Slade, D., Veremieiev, S., Lee, Y.C. & Gaskell, P.H. (2013). Gravity-driven thin film flow: the influence of topography and thermal effects on rivulet formation. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification 68: 7-12.
- Veremieiev, S., Thompson, H.M., Scholle, M., Lee, Y.C. & Gaskell, P.H. (2012). Electrified thin film flow at finite Reynolds number on planar substrates featuring topography. International Journal of Multiphase Flow 44: 48-69.
- Veremieiev, S., Thompson, H.M., Lee, Y.C. & Gaskell, P.H. (2011). Inertial two- and three-dimensional thin film flow over topography. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification 50(5-6): 537-542.
- Veremieiev, S., Thompson, H.M., Lee, Y.C. & Gaskell, P.H. (2010). Inertial thin film flow on planar surfaces featuring topography. Computers & Fluids 39(3): 431-450.
- Veremieiev, S. & Semko, A.N. (2008). Interaction of impulse immersed fluid jet with barrier. Applied Hydromechanics 10(1): 3-9.
- 2017: 2016-2017, £120k, EPSRC first grant EP/P011071/1 Stabilising effect of topography on thin film flows for coating applications
- 2016: 2016-2021, £2.27M, EPSRC grant EP/N025245/1 Evaporative drying of droplets and the formation of microstructured and functional particles and films