Dr Vivien Kendon, PhD
Dr Viv Kendon joined the Durham Atomic and Molecular Physics research section (Atmol), and the Joint Quantum Centre (JQC) Durham-Newcastle, in August 2014, where she will take up an EPSRC established career fellowship on Hybrid Quantum and Classical Computation. Prior to Durham, she was part of the Quantum Information Group at the University of Leeds, where she held a Royal Society University Research Fellowship from 2004 to 2012. Dr. Kendon was educated at the Universities of Oxford and Edinburgh, and initially researched in the area of Soft Condensed Matter, before switching to quantum information theory via postdoctoral positions held at the University of Strathclyde and Imperial College. Previous to her research career, Dr Kendon was active for over 10 years in global electronic networking and computer support in the voluntary sector, and her current major research interests are the computational physics of quantum information theory, and interfacing quantum and classical computational architectures.
Department of Physics
- Computational Physics
- Quantum Computation
- Quantum Information Theory
- Roffe, Joschka, Headley, David, Chancellor, Nicholas, Horsman, Dominic & Kendon, Viv (2018). Protecting quantum memories using coherent parity check codes. Quantum Science and Technology 3(3): 035010.
- Proctor, Timothy, Giulian, Melissa, Korolkova, Natalia, Andersson, Erika & Kendon, Viv (2017). Ancilla-driven quantum computation for qudits and continuous variables. Physical Review A 95(5): 052317.
- Proctor, Timothy J. & Kendon, Viv (2017). Hybrid quantum computing with ancillas. Contemporary Physics 57(4): 459-476.
- Bougroura, Hamza, Aissaoui, Habib, Chancellor, Nicholas & Kendon, Viv (2016). Quantum walk transport properties on graphene structures. Physical Review A 94(6): 062331.
- Kendon, Viv, Sebald, Angelika & Stepney, Susan (2015). Heterotic computing: exploiting hybrid computational devices. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 373(2046): 20150091.
- Kendon, Viv, Sebald, Angelika & Stepney, Susan (2015). Heterotic computing: past, present and future. PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY A-MATHEMATICAL PHYSICAL AND ENGINEERING SCIENCES 373(2046): 20140225.
- Proctor, Timothy J., Dooley, Shane & Kendon, Viv (2015). Quantum computation mediated by ancillary qudits and spin coherent states. Physical Review A 91(1): 012308.
- Proctor, Timothy J. & Kendon, Viv (2014). Minimal ancilla mediated quantum computation. EPJ Quantum Technology 1(1): 13.
- Proctor, T. J., Barr, K. E., Hanson, B., Martiel, S., Pavlovic, V., Bullivant, A. & Kendon, V. M. (2014). Nonreversal and nonrepeating quantum walks. Physical Review A 89(4): 042332.
- Barr, Katharine E., Proctor, Tim J., Allen, Daniel & Kendon, Viv M. (2014). Periodicity and perfect state transfer in quantum walks on variants of cycles. Quantum Information & Computation 14(5-6): 417-438.
- Horsman, Clare, Stepney, Susan, Wagner, Rob C. & Kendon, Viv (2014). When does a physical system compute?. Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 470(2169): 20140182.