Dr Duncan Connors
Duncan joined Durham University Business School in October 2013. His early career was quite varied; after working in the family wine business since an early age, Duncan went to the University of Manchester to as a mature student and worked in finance (all this with a side-line in Rugby League) until his just before his thirtieth birthday, when he was injured undertaking training for the RAF reserves and decided to pursue an academic career.
Since then, Duncan completed a PhD in Economic History at the University of Glasgow and has worked in research and lecturing positions at the University of Cambridge, Coventry University and the University of Buckingham.
- Energy economics and policy
- Monetary policy and the development of currency regimes
- Commodity prices
- Evolution of Finance
- Economic History
- Business History
- Industrial Development and Policy
- Connors, D.P. & Davies, G. (2015). The History of Money, 4th Edition. University of Wales Press, Cardiff.
- Connors, D (2007). The Decline of British Shipbuilding: Negotiations Between The British Government and the Scott Lithgow Company, 1960 – 1987. Essays in Economic & Business History 25: 27-40.