Dr Yuqian Wang
(email at email@example.com)
Yuqian (Linda) is Assistant Professor (Teaching) at the School of Education, and PGCE Secondary Maths Lead. Her university teaching and research interests focus on mathematics teacher education. She is particularly interested in curriculum design at both secondary and lower primary level mathematics and the integration of East-West pedagogies. She is also interested in developing the educational impact partnership model, working with university-education agency-school coalitions, to deliver Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to future-orientate Mathematics education.
Linda’s other areas of expertise include: comparative study of maths pedagogies (the focus of her PhD research); mathematics mastery pedagogy (her first post-doctoral research project),educational evaluation (her second post-doctoral research project).
Linda graduated with BSc and MSc in Maths Education and qualified as a teacher (and regional maths hub coordinator) in Shanghai, where she taught secondary maths for over ten years, following which she obtained her QTS/NQT in the UK.
School of Education
School of Education
- Mathematics Education
- Pedagogy and Curriculum
- Comparative Study
- Dawson, Jeremy, Wang, Yuqian (Linda) & Truscott, Wendy (2021). Design and feedback for a sequence of lessons in geometry and numeracy using the Causal Connectivity Framework. Primary Mathematics
- Wang, Y. & Brown, C. (2021). Improving mathematical reasoning – the professional development challenge. Professional Development Today
- Simpson, Adrian & Wang, Y. (2021). Making sense of ‘mastery’ Understandings of a policy term among a sample of teachers in England. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education
- Wang, Y., Truscott, W. & Dawson, J. (2021). Nurturing mathematical literacy at lower primary level: impacts on student understanding of formal mathematical concepts. Research Journal: International Education Theory and Practice
- Dawson, J & Wang, Y (2020). How can we nurture creative thinking? Designing a revision lesson in geometry. Mathematics Teaching 270: 20-23.
- Wang, Y. (2020). Sharing learning from Shanghai on school reopening under Covid-19. Mathematics Teaching 672: 10-11.
- Dawson, J & Wang, Y. (2019). How does a mastery lesson unfold?. Mathematics Teaching MT267: 11-14.
- Wang, Y., Barmby, P. & Bolden, D. (2017). In which ways and to what extent do English and Shanghai Students Understand Linear Function'. Research in Mathematics Education 19(1): 66-90.
- Wang, Y., Barmby, P. & Bolden, D. (2017). Understanding Linear Function: A Comparison of Selected Textbooks from England and Shanghai. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education 15(1): 131-153.
- Robinson-Smith, Lyn, Menzies, Victoria, Cramman, Helen, Wang, Yuqian (Linda), Fairhurst, Caroline, Hallett, Sarah, Beckmann, Nadin, Merrell, Christine, Torgerson, Carole, Stothard, Sue & Siddiqui, Nadia (2019). EasyPeasy: Learning through play. Evaluation Report. Education Endowment Foundation.
- 2020: Fusion Maths (£22484.00 from )
- 2016: PANDA