Dr Daniel Grausam
Associate Professor in the Department of English Studies
Member in the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture
- Grausam, Daniel (2011). On Endings: American Postmodern Fiction and the Cold War. University of Virginia Press.
- Grausam, Daniel (2014). Review of _American Night: The Literary Left in the Era of the Cold War_ by Alan M. Wald, _No Accident, Comrade: Chance and Design in Cold War American Narratives_ by Steven Belletto, _The Covert Sphere: Secrecy, Fiction, and the National Security State_ by Timothy Melley, and _The Naked Communist: Cold War Modernism and the Politics of Popular Culture_ by Roland Végső. American Literature 86(1): 194-196.
- Grausam, Daniel (2014). Review of Joseph Keith, Unbecoming Americans: Writing Race and Nation from the Shadows of Citizenship, 1945-60. Literature & History 23: 100-101.
- Grausam, Daniel (2013). The Way We Talk Now about the Way They Were Then: Recent Work on the “Contemporary”. American Literature 85(2): 389-398.
- Grausam, Daniel (2010). History, Community, Spirituality: Keywords For Rethinking Postmodernism?. Contemporary Literature 51(2): 398-411.
- Grausam, Daniel (2010). Postwar Fiction at 65. College English 72(5): 545-553.
Chapter in book
- Grausam, Daniel (2017). The Multitemporal Contemporary: Colson Whitehead's Presents. In Literature and the Global Contemporary. Brouillette, Sarah Nilges, Mathias & Sauri, Emilio Palgrave.
- Grausam, Daniel (2016). Alchemical Transformations? Fictions of the Nuclear State after 1989. In Cold War Legacies: Systems, Theory, Aesthetics. Beck, John & Bishop, Ryan Edinburgh University Press. 134-150.
- Grausam, Daniel (2016). Cold War, Post–Cold War: What Was (Is) the Cold War? In Postmodern/Postwar--And After. Gladstone, Jason, Hoberek, Andrew & Worden, Daniel University of Iowa Press. 141-151.
- Belletto, Steven & Grausam, Daniel (2012). American Literature and Culture in an Age of Cold War: A Critical Reassessment. University of Iowa Press.
- Grausam, Daniel (2015). Imagining Postnuclear Times. Common Knowledge 21(3): 451-463.
- Grausam, Daniel (2012). "It is only a statement of the power of what comes after": Atomic Nostalgia and the Ends of Postmodernism. American Literary History 24(2): 308-336.
- Grausam, Daniel (2011). After The Post(al). American Literary History 23(3): 625-642.
- Grausam, Daniel (2011). Games People Play: Metafiction, Defense Strategy, and the Cultures of Simulation. ELH 78(3): 507-532.
- Grausam, Daniel (2011). On the Idea of In(ter)dependence: Paradise and Foreign Policy. MELUS: Multi-Ethnic Literature of the U.S 36(2): 127-145.
- Grausam, Daniel (2008). “The Crying of Lot 49, circa 1642; or, Pynchon and the Writing of World War Three”. CLIO: A Journal of Literature, History and the Philosophy of History 37(2): 219-238.