Dr Steven Bradley, BA MSc PhD PGCAP SFHEA
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
After studying maths and then Computer Science, Steven joined Durham University in 1997 as a lecturer in Computer Science. From 2004-2013 he was a part-time teaching fellow, spending the rest of his time on web consultancy, mainly on research projects across the university. Since 2013 he has been a full-time teaching fellow in the school of Engineering and Computing Sciences.
Department of Computer Science
Department of Sociology
- Computer Science education
- Citizen science
- Knowledge representation and student learning
- Web-based data collection
- Real-time systems
- Software engineering
Indicators of Esteem
- 2017: Excellence in Learning & Teaching Award: Awarded by Durham University in June 2017
- Bradley, Steven (2016), Managing Plagiarism in Programming Assignments with Blended Assessment and Randomisation, in Sheard, Judy & Suero Montero, Calkin eds, 16th Koli Calling Conference on Computing Education Research. Koli, Finland, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New York, NY, 21-30.
- Hsing, P.-Y., Bradley, S., Kent V., Hill R., Whittingham M. & Stephens P. (2015), Monitoring Wild Mammals in County Durham with a Citizen Science Web Platform, ICCB 27th International Congress for Conservation Biology. Montpellier, France, Montpellier.
- Bennett, K.H., Bradley, S., Glover, G. & Barnes, D. (2003), Software evolution in an interdisciplinary environment, in O'Brien, L. & Gold, Nicolas eds, STEP Software Technology and Engineering Practice, 11th. International Conference. Amsterdam, IEEE Computer Press, 199-203.
- Fox, Maria, Long, Derek, Bradley, Steven & McKinna, James (2001), Using Model Checking for Pre-Planning Analysis, AAAI Symposium on Model-based Validation of Intelligence. AAAI.
- Rees, S.W., Bruce, M. & Bradley, S. (2014). Utilising Data-driven Learning in Chemistry Teaching: a Shortcut to Improving Chemical Language Comprehension. New Directions 10(1): 12-19.
- Onyett, Steve Linde, Karen Glover, Gyles , Floyd, Siobhan Bradley, Steven & Middleton, Hugh (2008). Implementation of crisis resolution/home treatment teams in England: national survey 2005–2006. Psychiatric Bulletin 32(10): 374.
- Johnstone, David & Bradley, Steven (2005). Opportunistic scheduling in a constraint-rich world. ACM SIGBED Review 2(2): 19.
- 2014: google CS4HS (Computer Science for High Schools) award $12k for work on Computer Science Into Schools
- 2013: Durham University Enhancing the Student Learning Experience (ESLE) award: FOCUS Diagnostics – the development of an online diagnostic and instructional toolkit to enhance student understanding of subject specific language