Dr Jan Smith - all publications
- Peseta, T., Kligyte, G., McLean, J. & Smith, J. (2015). On the Conduct of Concern: Exploring How University Teachers Recognise, Engage in, and Perform ‘Identity’ Practices within Academic Workgroups. In Identity Work in the Contemporary University Exploring an Uneasy Profession. J. Smith,, J. Rattray,, T. Peseta, & D. Loads SensePublishers.
- Flanagan, M. & Smith, J. (2008). From playing to understanding: the transformative potential of discourse versus syntax in learning to program. In Threshold Concepts within the Disciplines. Land, R., Meyer, J.H.F. & Smith, J. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. 91-106.
- Colole, G.T., Smith, J. & White, S. (2007). A critique of the impact of policy and funding. In Contemporary Perspectives in E-Learning Research: Themes, Methods and Impact on Practice. Conole, G. & Oliver, M. London: Routledge. 38-54.
Journal papers: academic
- Smith, J. (2016). Reflections on teaching research ethics in education for international postgraduate students in the UK. Teaching in Higher Education 21(1): 94-105.
- Smith, J. (2011). Beyond evaluative studies: perceptions of teaching qualifications from probationary lecturers in the UK. International Journal for Academic Development 16(1): 71-81.
- Smith, J. (2010). Academic Identities for the 21st Century. Teaching in Higher Education 15(6): 721-727.
- Smith, J. (2010). Forging identities: the experiences of probationary lecturers in the UK. Studies in Higher Education 35(5): 577-591.
- Mitchell, J., Canavan, B. & Smith, J. (2010). Problem-based learning in Communications Systems: student perceptions and achievement. IEEE Transactions on Education 53(4): 587-594.
- Mitchell, J. & Smith, J. (2008). A case study of the introduction of problem based learning in electronic engineering. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education 45(2): 131-143.
- Kenyon, A.JU., Mitchell, J. & Smith, J. (2007). Introducing problem based learning in electronic and electircal engineering. Journal of Materials Education 29(1-2): 79-86.
- Mitchell, J., Smith, J. & Kenyon, A.J. (2005). ‘It's Not for Lazy Students like Me …'. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education 42(1): 41-51.