Dr Jan Smith - all publications
- Flanagan, M. & Smith, J. (2008). From playing to understanding: the transformative potential of discourse versus syntax in learning to program. In Threshold Concepts within the Disciplines. Land, R., Meyer, J.H.F. & Smith, J. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. 91-106.
- Colole, G.T., Smith, J. & White, S. (2007). A critique of the impact of policy and funding. In Contemporary Perspectives in E-Learning Research: Themes, Methods and Impact on Practice. Conole, G. & Oliver, M. London: Routledge. 38-54.
Journal papers: academic
- Smith, J. (2011). Beyond evaluative studies: perceptions of teaching qualifications from probationary lecturers in the UK. International Journal for Academic Development 16(1): 71-81.
- Smith, J. (2010). Academic Identities for the 21st Century. Teaching in Higher Education 15(6): 721-727.
- Smith, J. (2010). Forging identities: the experiences of probationary lecturers in the UK. Studies in Higher Education 35(5): 577-591.
- Mitchell, J., Canavan, B. & Smith, J. (2010). Problem-based learning in Communications Systems: student perceptions and achievement. IEEE Transactions on Education 53(4): 587-594.
- Mitchell, J. & Smith, J. (2008). A case study of the introduction of problem based learning in electronic engineering. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education 45(2): 131-143.
- Kenyon, A.JU., Mitchell, J. & Smith, J. (2007). Introducing problem based learning in electronic and electircal engineering. Journal of Materials Education 29(1-2): 79-86.
- Mitchell, J., Smith, J. & Kenyon, A.J. (2005). It's not for lazy students like me. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education 42(1): 41-51.