Revd Dr Andrew Byers, PhD,ThM, MDiv, BS
I currently serve as the Chaplain at St. Mary's College and as a Theological Consultant for the Codec Institure at St. John's College. In terms of educational background, I have a B.S. from the University of Georgia, an M.Div from Beeson Divinity School, and a Th.M. from Duke. For most of the past 12 years I have been serving in some form of pastoral ministry.
My doctoral research is in Johannine ecclesiology, my first book is Faith Without Illusions (IVP, 2011), and my latest is TheoMedia: The Media of God and the Digital Age. I blog at hopefulrealism.com.
- (2013). TheoMedia: The Media of God and the Digital Age. Cascade Books.
- Byers, Andrew (2011). Faith Without Illusions: Following Jesus as a Cynic-Saint. IVP.
- (2013), Neither Churchless Christ nor Christless Church: The 'Ecclesial Christology' of the Fourth Gospel, Ethnography and Ecclesiology Conference. St John's College, Durham University, St John's College, Durham University.
- (2013), The Ecclesiology of the Shema: Theological and Social Oneness in the Fourth Gospel, British New Testament Conference. St. Andrews, Scotland, St Andrews.
- (2013), The Prologue as the Foundation of Johannine Ecclesiology, International SBL Meeting. St. Andrews, Scotland, St Andrews.
- Byers, Andrew (2011), "'TheoMedia': The Pastor-Theologian, the Gospel, and the Media of the World", Society for the Study of Theology Postgraduate Conference: 'Theologians and the Church'. New College, Edinburgh, New College, Edinburgh.
- (2013). Confessions of a prude why you don't have to choose between culture-savvy and good-goody. Relevant Magazine
- Byers, A. (2013). N.T. Wright wants to save the best worship songs the scholar urges the church to stop neglecting Jesus' prayer book. Christianity Today
- Byers, A. (2013). Religion and zombifixation in need of flesh and blood. Mockingbird
- Byers, A. (2013). Spirituality starts in the pews. Christianity Today
- Byers, A. (2011). "How You Can Imitate Ezra the Scribe". ChurchLeaders.com
- Byers, A. (2011). Embracing 'Hopeful Realism' Why Cynicism is a Dead End and Idealism a Farce. The Gospel Coalition
- Byers, A. (2011). Hope for Center-Stage Cynics. The Gospel Coalition
- Byers, A. (2011). How to Be a Realist Without Losing Your Soul. Relevant Magazine
- Byers, A. (2011). Is Christianity Anti-Intellectual?. Relevant Magazine
- (2011). We Need Boring Christians. Relevant Magazine