Publication detailsDabrowski, K.K., Golovach, P.A., van 't Hof, P. & Paulusma, D. (2016). Editing to Eulerian graphs. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 82(2): 213-228.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0022-0000
- DOI: 10.1016/j.jcss.2015.10.003
- Keywords: Eulerian graphs, Graph editing, Polynomial algorithm.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The Eulerian Editing problem asks, given a graph G and an integer k, whether G can be modified into an Eulerian graph using at most k edge additions and edge deletions. We show that this problem is polynomial-time solvable for both undirected and directed graphs. We generalize these results for problems with degree parity constraints and degree balance constraints, respectively. We also consider the variants where vertex deletions are permitted. Combined with known results, this leads to full complexity classifications for both undirected and directed graphs and for every subset of the three graph operations.