Publication detailsMoffat, J. & Yoo, H. I. (2015). Who are the unemployed? Evidence from the United Kingdom. Economics Letters 132: 61-64.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0165-1765
- DOI: 10.1016/j.econlet.2015.04.017
- Keywords: Unemployment, Participation, United Kingdom.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Using the UK Labour Force Survey 2005–2012, we analyse heterogeneity among non-employment subgroups in future employment hazards. Based on the results, we propose alternative measures of unemployment that include out-of-the-labour-force subgroups with similar or higher hazards to the officially unemployed.