Publication detailsGeng, S., Peng, Y., Shachat, J. & Zhong, H. (2015). Adolescents, Cognitive Ability, and Minimax Play. Economics Letters 128: 54-58.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0165-1765
- DOI: 10.1016/j.econlet.2015.01.007
- Keywords: Minimax, Experiment, Adolescent, Cognitive abilities.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We conduct experiments with adolescent participants on repeated fixed play in three different zero-sum games which have mixed strategy minimax solutions. Further, we collect subject information on cognitive abilities and participation rates in competitive activities. We find the adolescents’ correspondences with and deviations from minimax play largely consistent with previously and widely studied adult populations. Further, we find strategic sophistication in terms of implementation of the mixed minimax strategy as well as earnings are not correlated with cognitive ability nor experience in competitive situations.