Publication detailsMughal, M. A. Z. (2013). Bloch, Maurice. In Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology: An Encyclopedia. McGee, Reece Jon & Warms, Richard L. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: SAGE. 1: 77-80.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 9781412999632, 9781452276311
- DOI: 10.4135/9781452276311.n27
- Keywords: Maurice Bloch, Theory in Social and Cultural Anthropology, Madagascar, Anthropology of Religion, Biography
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Maurice Bloch (1939– ) has worked mainly in religion, rituals, power, cognition, and economic exchange. He is among the pioneers of the French Marxist tradition in British anthropology.