Publication detailsMeintanis, Simos & Einbeck, Jochen (2012). Goodness-of-fit tests in semi-linear models. Statistics and Computing 22(4): 967-979.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0960-3174, 1573-1375
- DOI: 10.1007/s11222-011-9266-8
- Keywords: Semiparametric model, Goodness-of-fit test, Symmetry test, Empirical characteristic function, Bootstrap test.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Specification tests for the error distribution are proposed in semi-linear models, including the partial linear model and additive models. The tests utilize an integrated distance involving the empirical characteristic function of properly estimated residuals. These residuals are obtained from an initial estimation step involving a combination of penalized least squares and smoothing techniques. A bootstrap version of the tests is utilized in order to study the small sample behavior of the procedures in comparison with more classical approaches. As an example, the tests are applied on some real data sets.