Publication detailsAlonso, Rodrigo (2020). A covariant momentum representation for loop corrections in gravity. Journal of High Energy Physics 2020(5): 131.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP05(2020)131
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A transformation is introduced in momentum representation to keep a covariant description at every stage of a loop computation in gravity. The procedure treats on equal footing local internal and space-time symmetries althought the complete transformation is known for the former  whereas in gravity we solve for the first few orders in an expansion. As an explicit application the one loop UV divergences of Hilbert-Einstein gravity with a cosmological constant and spin 0, 1/2 and 1 matter are computed with functional methods and in a field-covariant formalism.