Publication detailsBroggio, Alessandro, Ferroglia, Andrea, Pecjak, Ben D. & Zhang, Zhibai (2014). NNLO hard functions in massless QCD. Journal of high energy physics 2014(12): 005.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP12(2014)005
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We derive the hard functions for all 2 → 2 processes in massless QCD up to next-to-next-to-leading order (NNLO) in the strong coupling constant. By employing the known one- and two-loop helicity amplitudes for these processes, we obtain analytic expressions for the ultraviolet and infrared finite, minimally subtracted hard functions, which are matrices in color space. These hard functions will be useful in carrying out higher-order resummations in processes such as dijet and highly energetic top-quark pair production by means of soft-collinear effective theory methods.