Publication detailsBobeth, Christoph, Haisch, Ulrich, Lenz, Alexander, Pecjak, Ben & Tetlalmatzi-Xolocotzi, Gilberto (2014). On new physics in Delta Gammad. Journal of High Energy Physics 2014(6): 40.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP06(2014)040
- Keywords: B-Physics, Heavy Quark Physics, Beyond Standard Model, CP violation.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Motivated by the recent measurement of the dimuon asymmetry by the DØ collaboration, which could be interpreted as an enhanced decay rate difference in the neutral B d -meson system, we investigate the possible size of new-physics contributions to ΔΓ d . In particular, we perform model-independent studies of non-standard effects associated to the dimension-six current-current operators (d¯¯¯p)(p¯¯¯′b) with p, p′ = u, c as well as (d¯¯¯p)(τ¯¯¯τ). In both cases we find that for certain flavour or Lorentz structures of the operators sizeable deviations of ΔΓ d away from the Standard Model expectation cannot be excluded in a model-independent fashion.