Publication details for Professor Andy MonkmanAl Attar, Hameed A. & Monkman, Andy P. (2016). Electric Field Induce Blue Shift and Intensity Enhancement in 2D Exciplex Organic Light Emitting Diodes; Controlling Electron-Hole Separation. Advanced Materials 28(36): 8014-8020.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0935-9648 (print), 1521-4095
- DOI: 10.1002/adma.201600965
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A simple but novel method is designed to study the characteristics of the exciplex state pinned at a donor–acceptor abrupt interface and the effect an external electric field has on these excited states. The reverse Onsager process, where the field induces blue-shifted emission and increases the efficiency of the exciplex emission as the e–h separation reduces, is discussed.