Publication details for Simon RossHubeny, Veronika E., Rangamani, Mukund & Ross, Simon F. (2005). Causally pathological space-times are physically relevant. International Journal of Modern Physics D 14(12): 2227-2232.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0218-2718, 1793-6594
- DOI: 10.1142/S0218271805007760
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We argue that in the context of string theory, the usual restriction to globally hyperbolic space–times should be considerably relaxed. We exhibit an example of a space–time which only satisfies the causal condition, and so is arbitrarily close to admitting closed causal curves, but which has a well-behaved dual description, free of paradoxes.