Publication details for Simon RossJejjala, V., Madden, O., Ross, S.F. & Titchener, G. (2005). Nonsupersymmetric smooth geometries and D1-D5-P bound states. Physical Review D 71(12): 124030.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998, 1550-2368
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.71.124030
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We construct smooth nonsupersymmetric soliton solutions with D1-brane, D5-brane, and momentum charges in type IIB supergravity compactified on T4×S1, with the charges along the compact directions. This generalizes previous studies of smooth supersymmetric solutions. The solutions are obtained by considering a known family of U(1)×U(1) invariant metrics, and studying the conditions imposed by requiring smoothness. We discuss the relation of our solutions to states in the CFT describing the D1-D5 system and describe various interesting features of the geometry.