Publication details for Simon RossBalasubramanian, Vijay & Ross, Simon F. (2002). The dual of nothing. Physical Review D 66(8): 086002.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0556-2821, 1089-4918
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.66.086002
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider “bubbles of nothing” constructed by analytically continuing black hole solutions in anti–de Sitter space. These provide interesting examples of smooth time-dependent backgrounds which can be studied through the AdS/CFT correspondence. Our examples include bubbles constructed from Schwarzschild-AdS, Kerr-AdS and Reissner-Nordström AdS. The Schwarzschild bubble is dual to Yang-Mills theory on three-dimensional de Sitter space times a circle. We construct the boundary stress tensor of the bubble spacetime and relate it to the properties of field theory on de Sitter space.