Publication details for Simon RossRoss, Simon F. (2019). Complexity and typical microstates. Physical Review D 100(6): 066014.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2470-0010 (print), 2470-0029 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.100.066014
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Typical black hole microstates in AdS=CFT were recently conjectured to have a geometrical dual with a
smooth horizon and a portion of a second asymptotic region. I consider the application of the holographic
complexity conjectures to this geometry. The holographic calculation leads to divergent values for the
complexity; I argue that this classical divergence is consistent with expectations for typical microstates.