Publication details for Simon RossBalasubramanian, Vijay, Lawrence, Albion, Rolph, Andrew & Ross, Simon F. (2017). Entanglement shadows in LLM geometries. Journal of High Energy Physics 2017(11): 159.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP11(2017)159
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We find a new example of an asymptotically AdS5 × S5 geometry which has an entanglement shadow: that is, a region of spacetime which no Ryu-Takayanagi minimal surface enters. Our example is a particular case of the supersymmetric LLM geometries. Our results illustrate how minimal surfaces, which holographically geometrize entanglement entropy, can fail to probe the whole of spacetime, posing a challenge for attempts to directly reconstruct holographic geometries from the entanglement entropies of the dual field theory. We also comment on the relation to previous investigations of minimal surfaces localised in the S5 factor of AdS5 × S5.