Publication details for Simon RossMaloney, Alex & Ross, Simon F. (2016). Holography on non-orientable surfaces. Classical and Quantum Gravity 33(18): 185006.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0264-9381 (print), 1361-6382 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/0264-9381/33/18/185006
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider the holographic computation of two-dimensional conformal field theory partition functions on non-orientable surfaces. We classify the three dimensional geometries that give bulk saddle point contributions to the partition function, and find that there are fewer saddles than in the orientable case. For example, for the Klein bottle there is a single smooth saddle and a single additional saddle with an orbifold singularity. We argue that one must generally include singular bulk saddle points in order to reproduce the CFT results. We also discuss loop corrections to these partition functions for the Klein bottle.