Publication details for UNESCO Professor Robin ConinghamAli I., Batt C.M., Coningham R.A.E. & Young R.L. (2002). New Exploration in the Chitral Valley, Pakistan: An Extension of the Gandharan Grave Culture. Antiquity 76(293): 647-653.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003-598X, 1745-1744
- DOI: 10.1017/S0003598X00091055
- Keywords: Pakistan, Chitral, Gandharan Grave culture, Field survey, Chronology.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
New survey in the Chitral Valley has doubled the number of recorded Gandharan Grave culture sites in the region and extended their geographical range. The numbers and location of sites indicates that the Gandharan Grave culture was well established in the Chitral valley, suggesting that the valley may have been central to this cultural development, rather than marginal.