Publication details for Professor Michael PettyHwang, J, Lee, K, Jeong, J, Lee, YU, Pearson, C, Petty, MC & Kim, H (2014). UV-assisted low temperature oxide dielectric films for TFT applications. Advanced Materials Interfaces 1(8): 1400206.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2196-7350 (online)
- DOI: 10.1002/admi.201400206
- Keywords: UV-assisted annealing, Gate insulator, Oxide dielectrics, Metal nitrate, ZnO TFT.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Solution-based oxide gate dielectric layers are prepared from metal nitrates using UV-assisted annealing at 150 °C. The leakage current densities of ZrO2 and Al2O3 dielectrics are less than about 10-9 A/cm2 at 1 MV/cm and comparable to those formed by annealing at higher temperatures. High dielectric constants and the low leakage current behavior of the dielectric layers provide excellent ZnO TFT performance, with a field effect mobility of 1.37 cm2/V.s and an off-current density of 10-12 A/cm2. This low fabrication temperature process is compatible with future plastic electronics technology.