Publication details for Professor Michael PettyJeong, Y., Pearson, C., Lee, Y.U., Winchester, L., Hwang, J., Kim, H., Do, L.-M. & Petty, M.C. (2014). Zinc oxide thin-film transistors fabricated at low temperature by chemical spray pyrolysis. Journal of Electronic Materials 43(11): 4241-4245.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0361-5235 (print), 1543-186X (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/s11664-014-3342-8
- Keywords: Zinc oxide transistors, Chemical spray pyrolysis, Effect of measurement conditions.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We report the electrical behavior of undoped zinc oxide thin-film transistors (TFTs) fabricated by low-temperature chemical spray pyrolysis. An aerosol system utilizing aerodynamic focusing was used to deposit the ZnO. Polycrystalline films were subsequently formed by annealing at the relatively low temperature of 140°C. The saturation mobility of the TFTs was 2 cm2/Vs, which is the highest reported for undoped ZnO TFTs manufactured below 150°C. The devices also had an on/off ratio of 104 and a threshold voltage of −3.5 V. These values were found to depend reversibly on measurement conditions.