Publication details for Prof. Patrick G. SteelSadler, S. A., Hones, A. C., Roberts, B., Blakemore, D.C., Marder, T. B. & Steel, P.G. (2015). Multidirectional Synthesis of Substituted Indazoles via Iridium-Catalyzed C-H Borylation. The Journal of Organic Chemistry 80(10): 5308-5314.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0022-3263 (print), 1520-6904 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b00452
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In the absence of a steric directing group, iridium-catalyzed C–H borylation of N-protected indazoles occurs rapidly and selectively at C-3 and the resulting boronate esters can be utilized in a range of downstream conversions. The functional group tolerance of the iridium-catalyzed C–H borylation reaction enables simple and efficient multidirectional syntheses of substituted indazoles to be realized.