Publication details for Prof. David ParkerSeemann, J., Waldron, B.P., Roesch, F. & Parker, D. (2015). Approaching ‘kit-type’ labelling with 68Ga: the DATA chelators. ChemMedChem 10(6): 1019-1026.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1860-7179 (print), 1860-7187 (online)
- DOI: 10.1002/cmdc.201500092
- Keywords: Chelates, Gallium-68, Ligand design, Macrocyclic ligands, Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The DATA chelators are a novel class of tri-anionic ligands based on 6-amino-1,4-diazepine-triacetic acid, which have been introduced recently for the chelation of 68Ga. Compared with macrocyclic chelators based on the cyclen scaffold (i.e., DOTA, DO3A, and DO2A derivatives), DATA chelators undergo quantitative radiolabelling more rapidly and under milder conditions. In this study, a systematic evaluation of the labelling of four DATA chelators—DATAM, DATAP, DATAPh, and DATAPPh—with 68Ga is presented. The results highlight the extraordinary potential of this new class of chelators for application in molecular imaging using 68Ga positron emission tomography (PET).