Publication details for Professor Del AtkinsonWebb, Alexander J., Bloor, David., Szablewski, Marek. & Atkinson, Del. (2014). Temperature Dependence of Electrical Transport in a Pressure-Sensitive Nanocomposite. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 6(15): 12573-12580.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1944-8244 (print), 1944-8252 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1021/am502515u
- Keywords: Nanocomposite, Field emission, Touch sensitivity, Temperature dependence.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Printed nanocomposites are of significant application potential in numerous technologies, such as touch-sensitive sensors and surfaces. Here, temperature dependent electrical transport measurements were undertaken on a recently developed screen-printed, multicomponent, nanocomposite ink to develop a detailed understanding of the electrical transport mechanisms. A theoretical model combining contributions from linear percolative conduction and nonlinear conduction attributed to field-assisted quantum tunneling successfully describes the temperature dependent conduction observed.