Publication details for Alan MartinKhoze, V A, Martin, A D & Ryskin, M G (2018). Multiple interactions and rapidity gap survival. Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics 45(5): 053002.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0954-3899 (print), 1361-6471 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/1361-6471/aab1bf
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Observations of rare processes containing large rapidity gaps at high energy colliders may be exceptionally informative. However the cross sections of these events are small in comparison with that for the inclusive processes since there is a large probability that the gaps may be filled by secondary particles arising from additional soft interactions or from gluon radiation. Here we review the calculations of the probability that the gaps survive population by particles from these effects for a wide range of different processes.