Publication details for Alan MartinKhoze, V A, Martin, A D & Ryskin, M G (2019). Exclusive vector meson production in heavy ion collisions. Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics 46(8): 085002.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0954-3899 (print), 1361-6471 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/1361-6471/ab2009
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We discuss the salient features of exclusive vector meson production in heavy ion collisions at LHC energies. Special attention is paid to the space-time picture of the process. We account for both coherent and incoherent contributions. The explicit quantitative predictions are given for the ρ-meson differential cross section in lead–lead collisions in different kinematical configurations relevant for the LHCb and ALICE experiments.