Publication details for Alan Martinde Oliveira, E. G., Martin, A. D. & Ryskin, M. G. (2014). BFKL equation for an integrated gluon density. The European Physical Journal C 74(8): 3030.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1434-6044 (print), 1434-6052 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-014-3030-0
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We show how it is possible to rewrite the BFKL equation for the unintegrated gluon distribution, in terms of integrated gluons, similar to that used in DGLAP. We add to our equation the next-to-leading log terms which provide exact energy-momentum conservation and account for the kinematic constraint in real gluon emission. In this way the equation includes the major part of the higher-order corrections to BFKL evolution. We discuss the possibility to obtain a unified BFKL–DGLAP evolution equation relevant to processes at the LHC where both log (1/x) and log Q2 are large simultaneously.