Publication details for Alan MartinKhoze, V. A., Martin, A. D. & Ryskin, M. G. (2014). High-energy elastic and diffractive cross sections. The European Physical Journal C 74(2): 2756.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1434-6044 (print), 1434-6052 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-014-2756-z
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present a ‘global’ description of the wide variety of high-energy elastic and diffractive data that are presently available, particularly from the LHC experiments. The model is based on only one pomeron pole, but it includes multi-pomeron interactions and, significantly, it includes the transverse momentum dependence of intermediate partons as a function of their rapidity, which provides the rapidity dependence of the multi-pomeron vertices. We give predictions for the diffractive observables at LHC energies.