Publication details for Alan MartinKhoze, V. A., Martin, A. D., Ryskin, M. G. & Schegelsky, V. A. (2016). Two scales in Bose–Einstein correlations. The European Physical Journal C 76(4): 193.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1434-6044 (print), 1434-6052 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-016-4055-3
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We argue that the secondaries produced in high-energy hadron collisions are emitted by small-size sources distributed over a much larger area in impact parameter space occupied by the interaction amplitude. That is, Bose–Einstein correlation of two emitted identical particles should be described by a ‘two-radii’ parametrisation ansatz. We discuss the expected energy, charged multiplicity and transverse momentum of the pair (that is, s√, Nch,kt ) behaviour of both the small and the large size components.