Publication details for Alan MartinMartin, A. D. & Ryskin, M. G. (2014). The photon PDF of the proton. The European Physical Journal C 74(9): 3040.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1434-6044 (print), 1434-6052 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-014-3040-y
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We show how the photon input parton distribution function (PDF) may be calculated with good accuracy and used in an extended DGLAP global parton analysis in which the photon is treated as an additional point-like parton. The uncertainty of the input photon PDF is relatively small, since the major part of the distribution (which is produced by the coherent emission of the photon from a proton that remains intact) is well known. We present the expected photon PDFs and compare the predictions with ZEUS data for isolated photon electroproduction at negative rapidities.