Publication details for Mathew BullimoreBobev, Nikolay, Bullimore, Mathew & Kim, Hee-Cheol (2015). Supersymmetric Casimir energy and the anomaly polynomial. Journal of High Energy Physics 2015(09): 142.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP09(2015)142
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We conjecture that for superconformal field theories in even dimensions, the supersymmetric Casimir energy on a space with topology S 1 × S D−1 is equal to an equivariant integral of the anomaly polynomial. The equivariant integration is defined with respect to the Cartan subalgebra of the global symmetry algebra that commutes with a given supercharge. We test our proposal extensively by computing the supersymmetric Casimir energy for large classes of superconformal field theories, with and without known Lagrangian descriptions, in two, four and six dimensions.