Publication details for Dr Andrew R MillardMillard, A. R. (2006). Bayesian analysis of Pleistocene Chronometric Methods. Archaeometry 48(2): 359-375.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003-813X, 1475-4754
- DOI: 10.1111/j.1475-4754.2006.00261.x
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Bayesian analysis of radiocarbon dates on Holocene archaeological sites has become well established. Application to Pleistocene sites dated by multiple techniques would be advantageous. This paper develops the necessary mathematical apparatus in the form of
likelihoods for luminescence dating, and uranium-series dating, and considers the possibility for amino-acid racemization dating. Application of the new methods is illustrated using the stratigraphic sequences of dates from the sites of Saint-C鳡ire and La Chaise-de-Vouthon.
For application to amino-acid racemization dating, fuller publication of data is found to be required.