Publication details for Dr Jesse BonwittBonwitt, Jesse H., Tran, Michael, Dykstra, Elizabeth A., Eckmann, Kaye, Bell, Melissa E., Leadon, Michael, Sixberry, Melissa & Glover, William A. (2018). Fly Reservoir Associated with Wohlfahrtiimonas Bacteremia in a Human. Emerging Infectious Diseases 24(2): 370-373.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1080-6040 (print), 1080-6059 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.3201/eid2402.170913
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Wohlfahrtiimonas species bacteria were isolated from the bloodstream of a patient with septicemia and wound myiasis. Environmental investigations identified a Wohlfahrtiimonas sp. among insects in the Americas and in a previously undescribed vector, the green bottle fly (Lucilia sericata). The isolates possibly represent a new species within the genus Wohlfahrtiimonas.