Publication details for Dr Gretchen LarsenLarsen, G. & Kerrigan, F. (2018). Critical Arts Marketing. In The Routledge Companion to Critical Marketing. Tadajewski, M., Higgins, M., Denegri-Knott, J. & Varman, R. Abingdon, Oxon New York, NY: Routledge. 135-152.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 9781138641402, 9781315630526
- DOI: 10.4324/9781315630526-8
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Business art is the step that comes after Art. I started as a commercial artist, and I want to finish as a business artist. After I did the thing called “art” or whatever it’s called, I went into business art. I wanted to be an Art Businessman or a Business Artist. Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. During the hippies era people put down the idea of business – they’d say “Money is bad”, and “Working is bad”, but making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.