Publication details for Dr Stefano GianiGiani, S. (2013). High-order/hp-adaptive discontinuous Galerkin finite element methods for acoustic problems. Computing 95(1 Supplement): S215-S234.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0010-485X (print), 1436-5057 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/s00607-012-0253-5
- Keywords: Finite element method, hp-adaptivity, A posteriori error estimates, Acoustics.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In this paper we present two different kinds of error estimators for acoustic problems: a residual-based and a dual weighted residual one. The former error estimator is explicit and cheap to compute. The latter is based on a duality argument and it is capable of computing accurate and reliable estimations of quantities of interest, which can be safely used for finite element analysis and model validation. The error estimators presented in this work are designed to work with a \(hp\)-adaptive discontinuous Galerkin methods.